LY 23: From Failure to Opportunity with Copywriter & Mindset Coach Melanie Kernodle
This week, I am introducing the beautiful, on the inside and out, copywriter & mindset coach, Melanie Kernodle! To some, it may seem that we met by chance, but to the both of us, we both know that we attracted each other into our lives!
In this episode, you'll hear all about how Melanie was able to turn what could have been seen as a failure, into an opportunity. She defied all the rules of entrepreneurship and even beat out the shame and guilt that so many of us feel when "returning to the workforce."
I really hope you guys enjoy her bright and loving kindness!
In this episode, you'll hear:
- Melanie's own personal experience with failure in her copywriting business
- How she dealt with feelings and thoughts like, “Maybe I’m just not meant for this - to succeed and make it on my own”
- The Mindset shift from failure to opportunity - “This isn’t even what I really want to be doing! I’ve been self-sabotaging!”
- How she ended up using her experience to fuel this new passion to be a mindset coach
- How she got a part-time job, which is usually looked down upon in the entrepreneur world
- How entrepreneurs are able to blend their multiple passions and unique life experiences together to create a unique service for their clients
- “The more you know what you don’t want, the more you know what you want.”
- "How you do one thing is how you do everything...if I can be grateful for this part-time job and the money it’s providing me now, I can be so much more grateful when I don’t have this job and I have a successful business."
- How we all think, "Once I do this, then I’ll be happy," but in reality, we have to be happy now in order to get to where we want to go
- Us unpacking the meanings behind “bravery,” and “ doing what you’re supposed to do" - we want to create a world where following your heart is considered normal instead of uncommon and “brave”
- The highlights and importance of hiring a copywriter to help you see your uniqueness, stand in your power, and attract exactly the kind of clients you want
- Your inner world creates your external world
- How embodying the things you want is crucial, not just thinking about them
To learn more about Melanie and her work, please visit her Facebook group, Soulful Business Babes, where she shares insight on:
- Brand messaging
- Overcoming failure and limiting beliefs
If you liked this episode and would like to be part of a positive community of like-minded individuals, we'd love to have you join us in The Love Yourself Community!
Thank you so much for listening! Until next time, sending each one of you lots and lots of love.